2019 Church in DC Goals To-Date:
– 4 general gospel activities: 2/4
– Higher prayer meeting attendance (25): Last week – 24
– 4 more families/couples to migrate to DC: 0/4
– More home meetings during the week, including multiplication of existing groups
– More students attending the National College Training
– 8 baptisms: 1/8
– Meeting hall
3/11 Holy Word for Morning Revival: Crystallization-Study of Numbers, Volume One, Week 6, The Divine Trinity as Revealed in Numbers
3/11 Hymn for the Week: #48 “We Bless Thee, God and Father” (link to top 50 hymns)
3/11 Ministry Reading: Life-Study of Ephesians, Message 7: The Mystery of God’s Will
3/13 Prayer Meeting at Shih’s – 8 pm
3/17 Lord’s Table at Key Elementary School, 10 am
3/10-3/21: Spring Break College Visits: College students from several localities will be visiting the DC area throughout March, with some open slots for the gospel-Bible distributions in DC and blending with local saints. Tentative dates for visitors include Boston (3/10-13), UConn (3/16-20), Urbana (3/16-18), Knoxville (3/17-19), and Cambridge MA (3/19-21). CIDC will have primary responsibility for coordinating and providing hospitality for the Cambridge visit (3/19-21), and also join the Bible distribution and dinner with Boston on Monday 3/11. Please contact Tim H / S. Toh for more details and we encourage more saints to be involved during any times they are available.
Monday, March 11: 25 college saints and their serving ones from Boston will be in DC to blend, with the following itinerary: 10am: Bible Museum; 2pm: Bible-gospel distributions at 3 locations as follows: (i) Georgetown U-front gates (37th and O St NW)–contact Joe Chang; (ii) George Washington U–in front of Marvin Center near food trucks (on H St NW)–contact John Wong; (iii) Shaw Metro station–contact David Miller. CIDC will host a dinner for them at 6:30pm in the Falls Church area.
Tuesday Evening, March 12: There will be an intercollegiate blending with the Boston saints and Ohio State University at the Dunn Loring meeting hall.
3/29-31: 2019 Spring Mid-Atlantic Blending Conference – There will be a blending conference on March 29-31, 2019 in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Brother Ricky Acosta will be joining us. The conference will be held at the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk at 5655 Greenwich Road Virginia Beach, VA 23462. A special group rate ($89) is available. In order to secure this rate, please use the provided link http://bit.ly/MAVBbh1, (with the following code: MAB) or call 757-499-4400. The deadline for making hotel reservations has been extended to Monday, 3/18. Limited hospitality will be provided by the churches in the Hampton Roads area on a first-come-first-served basis. The deadline to request hospitality is March 16. Further details are available at the Service Office. Please sign up at the Service Office if you plan on attending.
UK Building Project (London) – There is a financial need for the expansion of facilities at Woodland Camp near London, so that 200 Europeans per week can be trained. If led by the Lord to contribute, designate your offerings for “UK Building Fund.”
– HWMR The Crystallization-Study of Numbers (Volume 2) – $6.00
– Life-Study of Ephesians (3 volume set) – $39.50
– Ministry of the Word (Periodical) Vol. 23, No. 1 (Numbers semi-annual training) – $15
– Numbers Recovery Version (w/ footnotes) – $7.00
– Ministry of the Word (Periodical), Vol. 22, No. 09, 09/2018
– In This Issue: Enjoying the Riches of Christ for the Building Up of the Church as the Body of Christ – FTTA Spring Term 2018 – $10.75 (Sign up and pre-pay at the book table)
– 2019 Gospel Calendar is available for pick-up at the book table for saints who pre-paid. Extras are available for $7.00 each.