2/3 Prayer meeting in homes, 8:00 pm
2/7 Lord’s Day meeting in homes, 10:00 am
2/19-21 Spring 2016 Mid-Atlantic College Conference
The Spring 2016 Mid-Atlantic College Conference will be held on February 19-21, 2016 at Camp Letts located at 4003 Camp Letts Rd., Edgewater, MD 21037. The title of the conference is: “Highways to Zion: Experiencing the Tabernacle of God.” The deadline for on-time registration ($92) is February 7. The late registration deadline ($102) is February 14. Please contact Joe Chang if you are interested in attending.
Middle Eastern Refugee Crisis in Europe —
Please see the attached report that was distributed at the winter training. It concerns the gospel trips to Germany as a practical way to care for the refugees. Dates of the gospel trips are as follows:
Trip 1: 14 February 2016—27 February 2016
Trip 2: 6 March 2016—19 March 2016
Trip 3: 27 March 2016—9 April 2016
Trip 4: 17 April 2016—30 April 2016
Trip 5: 8 May 2016—21 May 2016
Trip 6: 29 May 2016—11 June 2016
Trip 7: 19 June 2016—1 July 2016
All saints will be required to go to London, Bower House, for training, coordination and fellowship on the Lord’s day, and leave fourteen days later on Saturday from Germany back to their own homes. Please fellowship with the brothers if you’re burdened to go.
Saints on the gospel trips will be grouped into small teams. Each day during coordination the teams will be assigned to either visit refugee accommodation places or be sent to a particular location to distribute Bibles. These locations will have been researched and verified beforehand to confirm that they are suitable for the saints to visit. Emphasis will be placed on visiting the refugees.
The gospel work in Europe, including the work among the refugees, is being carried out in a coordinated way through three main entities:
1. Living Stream Ministry (LSM)—produces gospel and ministry materials in Arabic, Farsi, and European languages to contact and nourish the seeking ones.
2. Rhema Literature Distributors (Rhema)—conducts free mass distribution of gospel and ministry materials.
3. Lord’s Move to Europe (LME)—provides financial support for those who serve full time in Europe and for other expenses related to the carrying out of the gospel work in Europe. In conjunction with LME, Amana Trust in London coordinates the work related to the person-to person contacting and shepherding of seeking ones in Europe.
If burdened to give to support the specific aspects of the work related to LSM, Rhema, and LME, please designate your giving as follows:
1. For LSM, designate your giving to “LSM/Refugee Language Work.”
2. For Rhema, designate your giving to “Rhema/MyFreedom Project.”
3. For LME, designate your giving to “LME/European Gospel Work.”
4. If you couldn’t participate gospel trips in person but would like to provide travel assistance to saints who could go but have financial needs, designate your giving to “CIDC/European Gospel Work Travel Support.”
There is now a website for the follow-up trips to Germany. On the website you will find more details about the trips. Please read carefully. Hopefully, this will answer many of your questions.
Note: if you are burdened to join the first follow-up gospel trip (14 February – 27 February), you will need to apply immediately, as the deadline is quickly approaching.
Please remember that travel arrangements should only be made AFTER receiving confirmation that your application has been approved from the Germany 2016 Office.
2016 International Chinese-Speaking Conference will be held February 12-14, 2016, at the Ministry Conference Center in Anaheim, CA.
2016 Spring Mid-Atlantic Blending Conference will be held March 11-13 in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Brother Minoru Chen will be joining us. The conference location is 4444 Shore Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23455.
WEEKLY PRAYER BURDENS
European Gospel Work
The Lord’s leading regarding a meeting hall in DC
Increase in the number of saints attending the Wednesday prayer meetings of the Church in DC
Need for a new revival, increase, and more blending for the churches in the Mid-Atlantic area
Strengthen existing home meetings in the Church in DC
Have more open homes within the District of Columbia
Shepherd our children and strengthen the Children’s service
Shepherd our students and gain increase from the campuses
Cherishing of new ones, particularly those who come to Lord’s Table meeting
2016 Gospel Calendar are ready to be pick up at the Chinese section bookroom next to the Service Office, for saints who ordered them.
New Testament Recovery Version (Pocketsize;6 1/8″x4 3/8″,Burgundy;Text only) – $5.00
New York Young People CD – Joy Unspeakable – $10.00